Machine Learning-based search analytics provides internet-like recommendations to users while capturing valuable data to help you make intelligent decisions about your enterprise search and intranet deployments.
SmartHub Analytics was designed specifically for the complexities and varied use cases of enterprise search, allowing organizations to get unprecedented information and details around how the environment is leveraged and how it is delivering value to users.
- Content Recommendations – SmartHub applies Machine Learning to the wealth of data captured by analytics and combines this knowledge with the user’s query and profile to provide personalized content recommendations.
- Query Recommendations – SmartHub uses information about popular queries that have been run before to make suggestions to users as they type, enabling them to take advantage of previously successful searches.
- Intelligent Filtering – Users can choose to filter their search results to reflect content that others have found useful. Filters such as “Recently Viewed” and “Most Viewed by Me” provide end users with the ability to focus on the content that has been most useful to others in the past.
- Portal Analytics – A collection of reports that focus on user actions, visits, page loading times, and volume.
- Search Analytics – A collection of reports that display the key performance analytics across all of your search centers during an ad-hoc time interval.
- User Analytics – A collection of reports that display the measures of how specific users are searching and accessing content, including the sites where this content is located, during an ad-hoc time interval.
- Query Analytics – A collection of reports that display analyses of query terms and the query results during an ad-hoc time interval that can be used to tune the search center.
- Content Analytics – A collection of reports that display the accessed content and their sources, along with the sites and other enterprise systems where this content is located, during an ad-hoc time interval. Enterprise systems can be integrated through the BA Insight Indexing Connectors).
- Search Diagnostics – A collection of reports that focus on the lowest-rated interactions and queries, during an ad-hoc time interval.
- Refinement Analytics – A collection of reports that focus on the use of refiners and the related user experience.
- Smart Previews Analytics – A collection of reports that focus on previews, workspace usage and the related user experience.
- Custom Dashboards and Reports – SmartHub Analytics not only allows for custom report generation, but it also allows for custom dashboarding. These dashboards can be quickly created to visually represent the key analytic metrics that are the most important for your business users. This cuts out the noise and makes key data easy to understand.
- Anonymization and Tracking Control – Search Analytics allows configurable options to determine when and which users to track, even offering an option to anonymize user data to ensure full data privacy protection. Varied data privacy laws require consideration and validation when capturing any analytics tied to user behavior.
- Access Permissions – Search Analytics expands the audience for analytical data beyond IT and directly to the business users. It does this by providing the capability to determine access permissions for analytical data, tying that to the business owners who want to view the data.
Use SmartHub Analytics to:
Increase user engagement
Are you able to easily determine if all of your employees reviewed the latest posted safety procedures? What if most of your users only access your intranet to view today’s lunch menu? These are common problems faced by intranets that lack engagement and adoption. Identifying these issues, and correcting them, does not have to be difficult. SmartHub Analytics provides specific reports and easy to understand visualizations that identify challenges, allow for specific strategies to drive engagement, and benchmark performance.
Validate that your enterprise search implementation is delivering results
Enterprise search is a significant investment for organizations, involving teams from multiple departments, varied stakeholders, and impact to the majority of users. That level of commitment requires a deep understanding of the results being delivered by the platform. With SmartHub Analytics, it becomes easy to show the impact and value being delivered to your organization.
Improve overall efficiency
The only way to understand if your Enterprise Search platform is delivering results is by seeing how users interact with the system, how they consume and share content, and how they deal with not finding the correct information. SmartHub Analytics captures and reports on this end user activity, effectiveness of the search system, and the methods in which users access and collaborate on content. This information provides key data that can show issues with performance, content organization, or overall findability/ease of use.
Key Benefits of Using Data and Analytics
Survey data captured by KPMG shows the key benefits of using data and analytics.
SmartHub Analytics was designed from the ground up to address each of these key benefits.