BA Insight Announces its Support for Microsoft Search
Company Also Plans to Support Microsoft’s New APIs Upon Release
Boston, MA – May 21, 2019 – BA Insight, an innovator in AI-driven search and a Microsoft Gold Partner, announces its support for Microsoft Search. Bill Baer, Senior Product Manager at Microsoft, recently announced general availability of Microsoft Search, an intelligent, enterprise search experience from Microsoft.
The flexible BA Insight software portfolio modules bring specific capabilities to Microsoft Search:
- AutoClassifier – modernizes the tagging process with an AI-driven approach through integration with Microsoft Cognitive Services and a rules-based approach that provides taxonomy management and entity recognition/extraction to power metadata creation, document summaries, image OCR, audio transcripts, and more.
- Natural Language Processing capabilities include automatic creation of summarizations of key documents, identification of similar documents, and extraction of concepts found within the document.
- Image and Video Analysis capabilities include extraction of all text that appears with an image, extraction of all speech within a video, returning a text searchable transcript, extraction of images/videos from within documents, and identification of objects, locations, and activities captured with the images and video.
- Rules-based Tagging can automatically assign concepts to content from a taxonomy or ontology through customer-defined rules.
- Smart Previews – enables users to quickly find and re-use content, regardless of format or location.
- Instant previews of an entire document, regardless of its location.
- Starts the user at the most relevant page. Users can search inside or navigate using a dynamic hit-map to rapidly evaluate content for relevance and locate information deep inside documents.
Both AutoClassifier and Smart Previews are immediately available for Microsoft Search.
- Connectors – In parallel with Microsoft’s development and release of its “rich set of APIs”, BA Insight will continue to develop its ConnectivityHub to provide secure connectivity to over 90 enterprise systems, allowing direct integration into the Microsoft Search central index, ensuring that enterprise content is findable by all employees. The connectors:
- Provide secure, high performance crawling and indexing
- Manage sophisticated security scenarios
- Ensure results are trimmed to expose only content that users have access to
BA Insight’s connectors will be available 60 days after Microsoft releases the APIs that enable integration of Microsoft Search into the various enterprise applications. BA Insight plans to support the Cloud SSA architecture for the foreseeable future, protecting its customers’ investments while providing them with a choice of implementations and the option to transition to the new Microsoft Search architecture.
“Our solution for Microsoft Search provides the facilities for connectivity, personalization, relevancy, and availability, which are key factors for ensuring the successful implementation and adoption of Microsoft Search,” said Massood Zarrabian, CEO of BA Insight. “Our extensive experience in developing and delivering cognitive search solutions that help employees rapidly find the information they need, along with our valued and long-term Microsoft partnership, means that we are able to quickly integrate Microsoft Search into a full, enterprise-wide, intelligent search solution.”
About BA Insight
As an innovator in AI-driven search, BA Insight’s best of breed approach helps companies make search intelligent by providing technology that connects machine learning, cognitive computing, and enterprise systems, powering a new generation of intranets and cognitive search solutions. Our customers have the freedom to leverage the best search engines and cognitive computing capabilities available, providing users with an internet-like search experience while saving them precious time looking for needed information. We support multiple search platforms including Azure Search; Elasticsearch and Elastic Cloud; and SharePoint search (online, on-prem, and hybrid).
Our modular software product portfolio features SmartHub, delivering a personalized, internet-like user experience; connectors, providing secure connectivity to a wide variety of systems; classification, increasing findability using auto-tagging, text analytics, and metadata generation; and applications such as Smart Previews to help users find relevant information faster for improved productivity.
Hundreds of organizations and over 3.5 million users benefit from BA Insight’s software on a daily basis to provide compelling intranets that people love to use. This includes respected organizations such as the Australian Government Department of Defence, CA Technologies, Chevron, DLA Piper, Mars, Pepsi, Pfizer, and Travers Smith. BA Insight is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, a member of the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance, and an Elastic Partner.
Visit www.BAinsight.com for more information and follow us at @BAinsight.