BA Insight offers multiple choices for integration of Salesforce with SharePoint and other enterprise systems:
- The Salesforce Connector integrates Salesforce’s Service, Sales and Marketing Cloud with SharePoint, or any other portal, making all the content within Salesforce available to all employees through SharePoint Search, Azure Search, or Elasticsearch.
- Search for Salesforce provides instant, contextual, enterprise-wide search results that are related to the specific case or opportunity your employees are viewing. Best of all, a limited version of this application can be downloaded from the Salesforce.com AppExchange free of charge. The benefits include:
- Empowering support professionals to deliver great service experiences by providing them access to the most relevant content and experts from across your enterprise systems, without leaving their Service Cloud consoles.
- Making support centers more efficient and productive with shorter training times, faster case resolution, and fewer escalations.
- Increasing customer satisfaction as your support professionals are able to provide accurate solutions more rapidly, enhancing your brand and customer loyalty.
- SharePoint as a customer portal is a great way to improve productivity by providing an intuitive self-service portal that is connected to other enterprise systems. Online self-service tools improve customer satisfaction, reduce time and effort required to share relevant information and increase efficiency through self service.
This connector supports both full crawls and incremental crawls:
- Full crawls, which extract all desired content
- Incremental crawls, which extract only content which has changed since the last crawl
SharePoint is a commonly used intranet platform providing enterprise search to employees. With BAI solutions for Salesforce, SharePoint can be extended to be a customer portal or act as the core search engine making search within Salesforce intelligent. This provides:
- Salesforce users access to all relevant information without leaving Salesforce
- SharePoint users to access Salesforce information without requiring Salesforce licenses
- Customers to access a SharePoint-based self-service portal
The BA Insight Salesforce Connector and search for salesforce were specifically developed to provide secure access to the most relevant information within the enterprise.
The Salesforce Connector addresses key requirements that are challenging to implement through custom solutions:
Works both with unstructured content and structured data. Large documents, attachments, and complex systems with customer-configurable schema are typical.
Indexes every desired item with a very high throughput. Many BA Insight customers have millions of documents or even hundreds of millions. Just 1 million documents indexed at 1 document/second would take over 11 days for a full crawl!
Is light touch, minimizing the impact on the source system without impacting the performance of the source system.
Only surfaces the content that users are permitted to see.
The source system retains the master information and the search index has only a representation (pointers). Users expect to click on a search result and be working on the original item or document.