Microsoft Teams is a communication and collaboration platform in Office 365.
The BA Insight Microsoft Teams Connector indexes content from Microsoft Teams alongside content from other enterprise systems to provide unified results.
The BA Insight Microsoft Teams Connector:
- Indexes Channel Messages, Teams or Team Channels.
- When used in conjunction with any of the 90+ BA Insight connectors, documents and content that relate to Channel Messages are also returned in a single set of search results.
- Respects Microsoft Teams security. Therefore, users will only see Channel Messages, Teams and Team Channels in the search results that they have access to in the underlying Microsoft Teams repository.
- Supports filtering of the Microsoft Teams content, allowing administrators to define specifically the data that is sent into the search index.Provides both full and incremental ingestion of content into the index of your choice.
- Particularly important for Teams content is the ability to find information hidden in Channel Messages and therefore metadata becomes a crucial part of this process. The BA Insight AutoClassifier uses a combination of Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and Rules-Based Tagging to automatically assign the correct metadata which helps surface the right content and drives refinement and relevancy.
- When combined with BA Insight’s Smart Previews, users can get an instant preview of the entire Channel Message – including links to any documents discussed in that Channel Message.
- Utilizing BA Insight’s SmartHub and the Microsoft Teams Connector delivers rich internet-like search experiences in which users can use human language to find the right information they need, locate related content through recommendations, and gain access to relevant information via personalized dashboards.
- Content remains in Microsoft Teams and the search index contains a pointer back to the original Channel Messages, Teams or Team Channels so when users click on a search result they are taken directly to their original content.
- Amazon Elasticsearch
- Amazon Kendra
- Azure Cognitive Search
- Microsoft Search
- SharePoint Online
- SharePoint On-Premise
Future-proof Your Investment
As new versions of Azure Cognitive Search, Elasticsearch, AWS Elasticsearch, Solr, and SharePoint Search are released, new features and functionality are introduced. BA Insight takes on the burden of keeping the connector up to date for all supported search engines. The upgrades are easy to do and can be done by your IT organization. It is simply a matter of accessing the BA Insight customer portal, downloading the latest release, and installing and configuring it. If desired, our professional services team can handle the upgrades.
Drive Productivity and Engagement
By connecting Teams content to your preferred search engine, you increase adoption of your intranet, improve your organizational efficiency and turn frustrated employees into happy and productive team members.