BA Insight Adds Support for SharePoint 2016
Software Portfolio Works with SharePoint 2016, 2013, 2010, and O365 in any Combination
Boston, MA – March 24, 2016 –BA Insight announced support for SharePoint 2016 and cloud hybrid search with SharePoint 2016, enabling organizational intranets to deliver internet-like search experiences leveraging the latest Microsoft technology. This came within days of Microsoft’s announcement of RTM of SharePoint 2016.
BA Insight was the first vendor to provide connectivity for Office 365, the first to provide connectivity for Hybrid SharePoint, and the first to support the Microsoft Graph. Now we are pleased to be the first to add support for SharePoint 2016.
“BA Insight has worked closely with Microsoft for years, and we’re thrilled to see them release great products in lockstep with our new release,” said Bill Baer, Microsoft’s Senior Technical Product Manager for SharePoint. “Hybrid is a key part of SharePoint 2016, and BA Insight provides capabilities that let Office 365 customers take advantage of our cloud experiences for all their content. BA Insight has also worked with us to fill some important gaps, such as adding CEWS and entity extraction to their product to offset the fact that these aren’t supported with the OOB Cloud SSA.”
Organizations using SharePoint and Office 365 now have the flexibility to combine SharePoint 2016, 2013, 2010, and Office 365 to deliver top-notch user experiences quickly at minimum cost and risk:
- Those adopting SharePoint 2016 can now include content from outside of SharePoint in their intranets, automatically add consistent metadata, and use pre-built applications from BA Insight to deliver an internet-like experience to their users
- Users of Office 365 can field powerful hybrid configurations that include content from many different line-of-business systems
- Existing BA Insight customers enjoy a smooth upgrade path and can take advantage of Microsoft’s newest capabilities whenever they are ready
The BA Insight products supporting SharePoint 2016 are:
- Connectors – to over 50 systems including EMC Documentum, OpenText LiveLink, IBM Filenet, Box, Jive, Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, IBM Connections, and many more
- AutoClassifier – Auto-tagging, metadata generation, and text analytics to automatically generate metadata for findability
- Smart Previews – Instant previews of entire documents allow users to quickly find and re-use content regardless of format or location
- Visual Refiners – Graphical refiners for search that speed exploration and identification of content
- SmartHub Analytics – SharePoint Analytics that provide valuable data to turn user insight into action
“SharePoint 2016 is a big step up for Microsoft customers, and we’re happy to support it immediately,” said Jeff Fried, CTO of BA Insight. “We’ve updated our products not just to support SharePoint 2016, but also to leverage and extend the new hybrid features, such as Cloud Hybrid Search and Hybrid Compliance. Our customers have selected our packaged software and avoided the big upgrade headaches involved with custom development. They depend on us to make the most of their SharePoint investments and protect them through major version upgrades. We are able to do this quickly because of our focus and strong relationship with Microsoft.”
About BA Insight
As an innovator in the Cognitive Search Market, BA Insight’s best of breed approach helps companies make search intelligent by providing technology that connects machine learning, cognitive computing, and enterprise systems, powering a new generation of intranets and cognitive search solutions. Our customers have the freedom to leverage the best search engines and cognitive computing capabilities available, providing users with an internet-like search experience while saving them precious time looking for needed information. We support multiple search platforms including Azure Search; Elasticsearch and Elastic Cloud; and SharePoint search (online, on-prem, and hybrid).
Our modular software product portfolio features SmartHub, delivering a personalized, internet-like user experience; connectors, providing secure connectivity to a wide variety of systems; classification, increasing findability using auto-tagging, text analytics, and metadata generation; and analytics, providing valuable data to make intelligent decisions about your intranet.
Hundreds of organizations and over 3.5 million users benefit from BA Insight’s software on a daily basis to provide compelling intranets that people love to use. This includes respected organizations such as the Australian Government Department of Defence, CA Technologies, Chevron, DLA Piper, Keurig Green Mountain, Mars, Pepsi, Pfizer, and Travers Smith. BA Insight is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, a member of the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance, and an Elastic Partner.