BA Insight’s SmartHub 4.0 Brings Internet-like Search to the Enterprise
Rescuing Organizations from the “Enormous Amount of Time Wasted by Employees Searching for Documents within Enterprise Infrastructure”
BOSTON, Mass. – February 4, 2019– BA Insight has announced availability of SmartHub 4.0, an AI-driven platform that modernizes enterprise search, delivering an Internet-like, personalized, and highly relevant search experience. SmartHub 4.0 accomplishes this by creating an integrated enterprise search environment that allows organizations to use whichever search engines they like—including multiple search engines—while connecting to the applications and data stores that an organization chooses to make available for search.
“BA Insight’s ability to bring Internet-like search to the enterprise is significant because currently an enormous amount of time is wasted by employees searching for documents within enterprise infrastructure,” says BA Insight CEO Massood Zarrabian. “The price tag on the lost productivity of inadequate enterprise search is extremely large. It also has a significant impact on employee morale as it increases frustration. Employees are customers of information, and what they need to do their jobs well needs to be right at their fingertips.”
SmartHub 4.0 provides administrators the ability to tune relevancy by taking advantage of AI and machine learning, greatly enhancing search results. SmartHub query processing is enhanced by index orchestration, natural language processing, AI-driven relevancy, machine-learning bots, analytics and reporting to ensure users get the information they need without having to wade through irrelevant findings, all delivered in an easy to deploy software solution.
SmartHub is part of BA Insight’s connector-driven platform. Key features of SmartHub 4.0 include:
- Bot. The SmartHub Bot serves as a digital assistant to guide users through their search experience.
- Natural Language Query. SmartHub leverages AI to understand requests framed in natural language, determine the user’s intent, and deliver the correct results.
- Personalized and Relevant Delivery. SmartHub takes advantage of each user’s context to deliver personalized search results in multiple ways, including proactive delivery of highly relevant content and dynamic relevancy tuning.
- Analytics. Applying Machine Learning to information captured about user search behavior enables SmartHub to make intelligent recommendations to users.
- Instant Availability. Rather than forcing users to open a separate search application, SmartHub can be accessed directly from within the applications where users work—Outlook, Teams, Dynamics, Salesforce, ServiceNow, SiteCore, and others.
- Identification of Results. SmartHub generates a summary of each returned document so users can understand the context without having to open individual files. SmartHub also provides a Smart Previews option to quickly and easily identify the relevant content contained within documents or attachments.
- Auto-Complete. As users type in the search box, SmartHub provides dynamic suggestions, machine learning-driven query recommendations based on prior successful searches by other users, and available metadata values.
- Multi-Index Search. SmartHub Search Orchestration sends queries to multiple search engines simultaneously, interleaves the results, and consolidates facet values so that users get a single unified search result.
- Flexibility and Control. The SmartHub User Interface is built on standard web technology (HTML/CSS/JS) so that it can be adapted to fit the needs of an organization without requiring specialized development skills. All components are mobile responsive, so users can access enterprise search from any device.
About BA Insight
BA Insight is the leader in providing open, modular, AI-driven enterprise search solutions. We help organizations achieve digital transformation by enhancing the findability of critical information, bringing internet-like search across enterprise assets with our modular, scalable software. Our approach enables organizations to leverage their preferred search engines and AI platforms to provide employees with personalized and relevant search. Our software is helping millions of users worldwide, including at customers such as BearingPoint, Blizzard Entertainment, Chevron, DLA Piper, Duke Energy, Gilead, Nvidia, and Valero.
BA Insight is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, a member of the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance, and an Elastic Partner. For more information, please visit our website at www.bainsight.com, e-mail us at sales@BAinsight.com, call us at +1.339.368.7234, or follow us at @BAinsight.