Automates Metadata Generation in Place or During Indexing of Distributed Enterprise Content Using a Robust Rules Engine
BOSTON, Mass. – June 26, 2014 – BA Insight, provider of software that transforms SharePoint into a Powerful Unified Information Access Platform, announces AutoClassifier 2014, which applies text analytics and semantic processing to add consistent, quality metadata to content surfaced within SharePoint. It also works with content stored outside of SharePoint, as long as it is indexed into SharePoint Search. The BA Insight Connector Framework enables secure access to a broad base of distributed content.
The exponential growth of information requires new methods for managing content and search. If documents are not tagged with the appropriate metadata, then queries return every document that contains the search term, with no refinement of search results. To meet today’s information challenges, metadata must be used to enrich the end user search experience. AutoClassifier 2014 provides automatic tagging and classification of content based upon a taxonomy, using a robust rules engine.
AutoClassifier 2014 is currently available. Existing customers receive this new version as a standard maintenance upgrade. Key enhancements to AutoClassifier 2014 include:
- Automatic Content Type Assignment – ensures consistent information architecture including metadata and templates for content creation and governance as well as findability
- KQL-Based Rule Language – matches the keyword query language used for search so that rules are simpler, more natural, and translate directly between search and categorization
- Support for Regular Expressions – enables scenarios such as personal information detection for compliance
- Tagging of File System Content – crawls a file system and creates an XML file with assigned metadata
- Integration with Nintex Workflow – incorporates auto-tagging into sophisticated workflow applications
- PowerShell Scripting – over every area of functionality
- Multiple UI Enhancements – allows easier taxonomy editing and rules testing
- Reporting Enhancements – includes csv, xml, and PDF format reports as well as support for XSL-FO templates to allow fine grain control of PDF report format
“AutoClassifier 2014, which is the core of the BA Insight Content Classification Engine, leverages the SharePoint Managed Metadata Service (MMS) to improve findability,” said Jeff Fried, Chief Technology Officer at BA Insight. “It works with taxonomies or ontologies stored in the SharePoint MMS, and takes a rules-based approach for full control of results. It auto generates default rules so that you don’t need to spend time creating them unless you have specific criteria to apply.”
Full Platform Capabilities
The BA Insight Knowledge Integration Platform enables organizations to rapidly deploy powerful, search-driven applications at a fraction of the cost, time, and risk of alternatives. It consists of three software engines that provide a comprehensive set of capabilities:
- User Experience Engine – drives remarkable user experiences for finding and exploring knowledge or experts via an extensible engine and a library of powerful components
- Content Classification Engine – increases findability using auto-tagging, metadata generation, and text analytics
- Content Connectivity Engine – provides secure connectivity to a wide variety of content systems, enabling unified views of all knowledge assets
The platform is fully flexible and can be implemented as a comprehensive solution, particularly suitable for organizations at the beginning of a unified information access project, or its individual components, such as AutoClassifier 2014, can be leveraged to augment existing technology.
About BA Insight
As an innovator in the Cognitive Search Market, BA Insight’s best of breed approach helps companies make search intelligent by providing technology that connects machine learning, cognitive computing, and enterprise systems, powering a new generation of intranets and cognitive search solutions. Our customers have the freedom to leverage the best search engines and cognitive computing capabilities available, providing users with an internet-like search experience while saving them precious time looking for needed information. We support multiple search platforms including Azure Search; Elasticsearch and Elastic Cloud; and SharePoint search (online, on-prem, and hybrid).
Our modular software product portfolio features SmartHub, delivering a personalized, internet-like user experience; connectors, providing secure connectivity to a wide variety of systems; classification, increasing findability using auto-tagging, text analytics, and metadata generation; and analytics, providing valuable data to make intelligent decisions about your intranet.
Hundreds of organizations and over 3.5 million users benefit from BA Insight’s software on a daily basis to provide compelling intranets that people love to use. This includes respected organizations such as the Australian Government Department of Defence, CA Technologies, Chevron, DLA Piper, Keurig Green Mountain, Mars, Pepsi, Pfizer, and Travers Smith. BA Insight is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, a member of the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance, and an Elastic Partner.