BA Insight’s SmartHub 3.0 Integrates with Microsoft’s AI Services and Google Cloud’s Machine Learning to Deliver AI-driven Search
BOSTON, Mass. – November 6, 2018– BA Insight, an innovator in AI-driven search, announces version 3.0 of SmartHub, an AI-driven platform that provides an internet-like enterprise search experience. In addition to integration with industry leading AI platforms, SmartHub 3.0 provides:
- Natural Language Query –SmartHub brings internet-like natural language search to enterprise search and internet deployments, enabling users to make requests of SmartHub using normal terms without any special syntax. The complexity and limitations of keyword search have traditionally limited user productivity and adoption of internal search deployment, but NLQ allows them to find the information they need in ways that would be difficult or impossible using keyword search.
- Natural Language Processing – When used in conjunction with BA Insight’s AutoClassifier, SmartHub delivers automatically generated document summaries and offers users additional relevant results that are similar to those which matched users’ queries.
- Bot – Avoids user frustration by automatically resolving common issues with search such as queries that return no results and searches that produce too many results.
- User-driven Relevancy – Allows each user to decide the weighting that is assigned to metadata fields when determining relevancy ranking of search results.
- Personalization – Users’ context is used to proactively deliver content via “zero search” and to personalize the relevancy ranking of search results for each user.
- Dynamic Preference Update – Users can update the information that is used to personalize search results and immediately see the impact of the changes.
- Query History / Saved Queries – Users can save, review, and re-run searches, including complex queries with multiple refinements applied.
- Integration with Popular Applications – SmartHub searches can be initiated directly from within applications such as Microsoft Teams, Outlook, and ServiceNow so that users can find the information they need without leaving the applications in which they work.
- Tag Clouds – Displays key concepts contained in search results enabling users to refine their results by clicking tags.
- Support for Elasticsearch, Azure Search, SharePoint 2016, 2013, and SharePoint Online.
SmartHub, which was recently named a 2018 KMWorld Trend-Setting Product, is a platform that can be used alone or in combination with other products in the BA Insight Software Portfolio. BA Insight’s best-of-breed strategy provides customers with the flexibility to choose among the best available technology to fit their environment, preferences, and organizational needs. This includes selecting the best search engine and/or AI platform to integrate with.
“We are excited to bring further innovation to our SmartHub platform, enabling organizations to benefit from intelligent search that is proactive, interactive, and personalized, providing a unique search experience to every user,” said Massood Zarrabian, CEO of BA Insight. “BA Insight’s SmartHub software can be integrated into almost any application, enabling users to have the same experience regardless of where they search while providing a familiar, internet-like search experience.”
About BA Insight
As an innovator in AI-driven search, BA Insight’s best of breed approach helps companies make search intelligent by providing technology that connects machine learning, cognitive computing, and enterprise systems, powering a new generation of intranets and cognitive search solutions. Our customers have the freedom to leverage the best search engines and cognitive computing capabilities available, providing users with an internet-like search experience while saving them precious time looking for needed information. We support multiple search platforms including Azure Search; Elasticsearch and Elastic Cloud; and SharePoint search (online, on-prem, and hybrid).
Our modular software product portfolio features SmartHub, delivering a personalized, internet-like user experience; connectors, providing secure connectivity to a wide variety of systems; classification, increasing findability using auto-tagging, text analytics, and metadata generation; and applications such as Smart Previews and Expertise Locator to help users find relevant information faster for improved productivity.
Hundreds of organizations and over 3.5 million users benefit from BA Insight’s software on a daily basis to provide compelling intranets that people love to use. This includes respected organizations such as the Australian Government Department of Defence, CA Technologies, Chevron, DLA Piper, Keurig Green Mountain, Mars, Pepsi, Pfizer, and Travers Smith. BA Insight is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, a member of the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance, and an Elastic Partner.