Yammer is Microsoft’s Enterprise Social Network offering. It is used by over 200,000 companies worldwide to discuss ideas, share best practices, and crowdsource answers from coworkers around the globe. Yammer has led Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Social Software in the Workplace for four years in a row.
The BA Insight Yammer Connector establishes a secure connection to the Yammer application and maps the content including metadata and attachments from Yammer to the Elasticsearch index. It then extracts content and feeds it to the search engine in a process called ingestion.
Our Yammer Connector addresses key requirements that are challenging to implement through custom solutions:
- Works with unstructured content as well as structured data. Documents, attachments, and notes with customer-configurable schema are typical
- Indexes every desired item with a very high throughput. Many BA Insight customers have millions of documents or even hundreds of millions. Just one million documents indexed at one document/second would take over 11 days for a full index refresh!
- Is light touch, minimizing the impact on the source system without impacting the performance of Yammer.
- Only surfaces the content that users are permitted to see.
- Yammer retains the master information and the search index has only a representation (pointers). Users expect to click on a search result and be working on the original item or document.