Most organizations have invested heavily in creating large volumes of data for their publicly facing websites. These sites contain a wealth of information that is undiscoverable because they cannot be searched.
The BA Insight Website Crawler Connector makes it possible to surface content from any website (both secured and public) in a single consolidated search index, along with content from other repositories. The connector works with all of BA Insight supported platforms (detailed above in "Platforms Supported").
The Website Crawler Connector:
- Supports secure and public sites. This means that users will only see documents from websites in their search results even for sites they have to log-in for access.
- Supports both full and incremental crawls.
- Indexes with very high throughput.
- Keeps documents on the website. The search index contains a pointer back to the original documents. This meets users’ expectations, which is to click on a search result and then be taken to the original item or webpage.
Future-proof Your Investment
As new versions of the search platforms are released, new features and functionality are introduced. BA Insight takes on the burden of keeping the connector up to date for all supported search engines. The upgrades are easy to do and can be done by your IT organization. It is simply a matter of accessing the BA Insight customer portal, downloading the latest release, and installing and configuring it. If desired, our professional services team can handle the upgrades.
- Amazon Kendra
- Amazon OpenSearch Service
- Azure Cognitive Search
- Microsoft Search
- SharePoint Online
- SharePoint On-Premise
By connecting websites to your preferred search engine, you increase adoption of your intranet, improving organizational efficiency and productivity.