UniProt is a publicly available database of protein sequence and functional information provided by the UniProt Consortium. Combining information from the UniProt database and internal search applications provides researchers with a complete view of up to date information from all relevant sources.
The BA Insight UniProt Federated Connector enables users to:
- Search the UniProt database and their internal search application from the same SmartHub Interface at the same time to retrieve all of the information from a single place.
- Take advantage of information from 80+ content sources using BA Insight Connectors and receive a single interleaved search result.
- Filter information retrieved from UniProt and other sources to narrow search results.
- Navigate from SmartHub to a specific result from UniProt by simply clicking the link on their search result page.
Future-proof Your Investment
As new versions of search platforms are released, new features and functionality are introduced, and the same is true of new releases of UniProt. BA Insight takes on the burden of keeping the connector up to date for both UniProt and the respective search engines. The upgrades are easy to do and can be done by your IT organization. It is simply a matter of accessing the BA Insight customer portal, downloading the latest release, and installing and configuring it. If desired, our professional services team can handle the upgrades.
- Amazon Elasticsearch
- Azure Cognitive Search
- SharePoint Online/Microsoft Search
- SharePoint On-Premise
By connecting UniProt to your preferred search engine, you increase adoption of your intranet, improve your organizational efficiency and turn frustrated employees into happy and productive team members.