Sitecore provides robust content management that scales for enterprise needs. Their market-leading web content management (WCM) system was built from the ground up as an integrated platform to support global, multilingual content at scale and provide the flexibility that enterprises demand. It’s easy to use for marketers but also open and powerful for IT teams that want to customize, manage, integrate, and secure even the most demanding of websites.
Organizations who leverage Sitecore can now extend the reach of this data into their existing search indexes via the BA Insight ConnectivityHub and our Sitecore Connector.
Key features of Sitecore:
- A write-once, distribute-across-any-channel approach to web content makes it easy for your content to look good wherever it’s consumed. Sitecore automatically serves content in the format best sized and suited for a user’s device.
- Targeted, relevant content is delivered to unique visitors, visitor types, or personas by allowing you to set personalization rules that test details about visitors during their visit. Text, rich media, forms, social media widgets, promotions, recommendations, and more can be personalized based on rules, workflows, or a visitor’s device or location.
- Sitecore WXM natively handles multilingual content and the translation workflow and integrates with translation services. This lets content creators write in their native language and globally translate.
- Enterprise customers don’t have to recreate content for every website they manage—because Sitecore lets you share content across thousands of sites for a consistent experience on all of them.
- Sitecore device detection module lets you automatically detect and optimize content for different devices, allowing you to preview how your content will look on an iPhone vs. a Surface tablet. And the geo IP detection package lets you personalize based on physical location.
The key capabilities of the Sitecore Connector for Elasticsearch, Elastic Cloud, and Elastic Cloud Enterprise are:
Provides both full and incremental ingestion of content into the index of your choice
Provides all management of security, role, and access list management, requiring no specialized security software or search index add-ons
Supports all document types within Sitecore
Supports filtering of the Sitecore content, allowing administrators to define specifically which data is sent for ingestion into the search index
Brings all associated metadata into the search index to drive refinement and relevancy
All content remains safely in Sitecore. The portal has only a searchable representation of documents – pointers – and users are directed back to Sitecore to launch documents found in their search result
The benefits of including Sitecore data within your Elasticsearch, Elastic Cloud, or Elastic Cloud Enterprise are:
Provides enhanced search capabilities into your existing search application while ensuring the source system retains the master information
Increases adoption of Sitecore via direct links back into Sitecore to any content found by a user
Indexes with a very high throughput
Has minimal impact of the source system, even helping to improve source system performance by offloading taxing search features
Requires no custom code, with full support and enhancements