PubMed provides a search interface mainly into the MEDLINE database of life sciences and biomedical literature.
Combining information from PubMed and internal search applications provides researchers with up to date information from both internal and external resources.
The BA Insight PubChem Federated Connector enables users to:
- Perform searches against the MEDLINE, PubMed Central (PMC) and Bookshelf databases directly within the SmartHub interface, eliminating the need to navigate to PubMed to search those sources.
- Receive results from any of the 90+ content sources accessible using BA Insight Connectors or Federated Connectors in a single set of interleaved search results.
- Filter the PubMed results, allowing users to specifically define the information that they wish to see.
- Preview results from PubMed and other sources to quickly determine the relevance of individual search results.
- Click on a result to be taken directly to the underlying article or journal citation in any of the literature resources searchable via PubMed.
Future-proof Your Investment
As new versions of search platforms are released, new features and functionality are introduced, and the same is true of new releases of PubMed. BA Insight takes on the burden of keeping the connector up to date for both PubMed and the respective search engines. The upgrades are easy to do and can be done by your IT organization. It is simply a matter of accessing the BA Insight customer portal, downloading the latest release, and installing and configuring it. If desired, our professional services team can handle the upgrades.
- Amazon Kendra
- Amazon OpenSearch Service
- Azure Cognitive Search
- Microsoft Search
- SharePoint Online
- SharePoint On-Premise
By connecting PubMed to your preferred search engine, you increase adoption of your intranet, improve your organizational efficiency and turn frustrated employees into happy and productive team members.