The PubChem Substances database enables you to quickly find chemical information from authoritative sources. It is the primary archive for community-provided information about chemical entities and contains descriptions of samples, from a variety of sources, and links to biological screening results that are available in PubChem BioAssay.
The BA Insight PubChem Substances Federated Connector:
- When used in conjunction with any of the 80+ BA Insight connectors or any of the other Federated Connectors from the PubMed/PubChem family, content that relates to a user’s search is also returned in a single set of search results.
- Provides a clear insight into what the content is about by taking advantage of BA Insight’s SmartHub Content Intelligence functionality. Quickly view the Chemical Structure Depiction, the Content Source, the External ID, Related Compounds and much more, all without leaving the search results or trawling through the document.
- Supports filtering of the PubChem Substances results, allowing users to specifically define the information that they wish to see.
- When combined with the BA Insight 3D PubChem Model, users can get an instant preview of the 3D chemical structure the substance – all directly from within the SmartHub search results page.
- Utilizing BA Insight’s SmartHub and the PubChem Substances Federated connector delivers rich internet-like search experiences in which users can use human language to find the information they need and specific search verticals to deliver quick access to other similar structures, sub structures, SMILES and Super Structures.
- Content remains in the PubChem Substances databases so when users click on a search result then they are taken directly to the original content.
- Amazon Elasticsearch
- Azure Cognitive Search
- SharePoint Online/Microsoft Search
- SharePoint On-Premise
Future-proof Your Investment
As new versions of Azure Cognitive Search, Elasticsearch, AWS Elasticsearch, Solr, and SharePoint Search are released, new features and functionality are introduced. BA Insight takes on the burden of keeping the connector up to date for all supported search engines. The upgrades are easy to do and can be done by your IT organization. It is simply a matter of accessing the BA Insight customer portal, downloading the latest release, and installing and configuring it. If desired, our professional services team can handle the upgrades.
Drive Productivity and Engagement
By connecting PubChem Substances content to your preferred search engine, you increase adoption of your intranet, improve your organizational efficiency and turn frustrated employees into happy and productive team members.