Integrate search results from Practical Law with results from your internal content sources using BA Insight’s SmartHub and our Practical Law Connector to create a single window into internal and external information.
Thomson Reuters Practical Law is legal know-how that provides practical guidance and wisdom to propel your research into action. Over 280 expert attorney-editors obsessively monitor the changes in the law to ensure you have up-to-date resources, providing the questions you should be asking, and guiding you along the process.
Combining information from Practical Law and internal search applications provides researchers with up to date information from both internal and external resources.
The BA Insight Practical Law Connector enables users to:
- Perform searches against the Practical Law database of legal know-how, directly within the SmartHub interface, eliminating the need to navigate to Practical Law directly.
- Receive results from any of the 90+ content sources accessible using BA Insight Connectors or Federated Connectors in a single set of interleaved search results.
- Filter the Practical Law results, allowing users to specifically define the information that they wish to see.
- Preview results from Practical Law and other sources to quickly determine the relevance of individual search results.
- Click on a result to be taken directly to the underlying research in any of the 17+ practice areas covered by Practical Law.
Future-proof Your Investment
As new versions of search platforms are released, new features and functionality are introduced, and the same is true of new releases of Practical Law. BA Insight takes on the burden of keeping the connector up to date for both Practical Law and the respective search engines. The upgrades are easy to do and can be done by your IT organization. It is simply a matter of accessing the BA Insight customer portal, downloading the latest release, and installing and configuring it. If desired, our professional services team can handle the upgrades.
- Amazon Kendra
- Amazon OpenSearch Service
- Azure Cognitive Search
- Microsoft Search
- SharePoint Online
- SharePoint On-Premise
By connecting Practical Law to your preferred search engine, you increase adoption of your intranet, improve your organizational efficiency and turn frustrated employees into happy and productive team members.