NetDocuments has been the leader in cloud-based document management since 1999, helping firms to reduce costs and increase productivity for legal-centric workloads with client, matter, and project-centric workspaces backed by a platform offering enterprise search and built-in disaster recovery that scales to both small and large firms alike.
Our NetDocuments Federated Connector lets users search across NetDocuments and other common enterprise systems such as Office 365 or SharePoint Server. Companies are not required to double index content stored in NetDocuments into a single unified index to provide enterprise search capabilities. Results from NetDocuments and from other systems are merged at query time to provide the user with a unified, internet-like search experience. Document security in NetDocuments is respected, so users only see content to which they have been granted access. Used in conjunction with BA Insight’s 90+ indexing connectors, the NetDocuments Federated Connector delivers access to all needed content across the enterprise.
Our NetDocs Federated Connector:
- Query-Time Merge simplifies the process by eliminating the need to crawl NetDocuments to keep the central index fresh and up to date. For larger implementations of NetDocuments, re-indexing of content into a single unified index is simply not practical as it requires maintaining a large infrastructure to provide search capabilities. A full crawl can take weeks and an incremental index can take hours, leading to users receiving “stale” results.
- Query-Time Merge allows you to identify similar documents across sources.
- Searching directly against NetDocuments ensures that search results always contain the latest information.
- Metadata changes made in NetDocuments are immediately available in the search solution without having to re-index the new information. Previously, re-indexing may have taken days or weeks.
Future-proof Your Investment
As new versions of the search platforms are released, new features and functionality are introduced, and the same is true of new releases of NetDocuments. BA Insight takes on the burden of keeping the connector up to date for both NetDocuments and the respective search engines. The upgrades are easy to do and can be done by your IT organization. It is simply a matter of accessing the BA Insight customer portal, downloading the latest release, and installing and configuring it. If desired, our professional services team can handle the upgrades.
- Amazon Kendra
- Amazon OpenSearch Service
- Azure Cognitive Search
- Microsoft Search
- SharePoint Online
- SharePoint On-Premise
By connecting NetDocuments to your preferred search engine, you increase adoption of your intranet, improving organizational efficiency and productivity.