The Protein database contains sequences from multiple sources including translations from annotated coding regions in GenBank, RefSeq and TPA, as well as records from SwissProt, PIR, PRF, and PDB.
Combining information from the Protein database and internal search applications provides researchers with a complete view of up to date information from all relevant sources.
The BA Insight NCBI Protein Database Federated Connector enables users to:
- Search the Protein database using the same SmartHub interface that they use to search internal information rather than the need to navigate to the Protein database directly.
- Receive results from any of the 90+ content sources accessible using BA Insight Connectors or Federated Connectors in a single set of interleaved search results.
- Apply filters to results from the Protein database so that only the items they wish to see remain.
- Go directly from SmartHub to the desired page in the Protein database by clicking a link in search results.
Future-proof Your Investment
As new versions of search platforms are released, new features and functionality are introduced, and the same is true of new releases of Protein. BA Insight takes on the burden of keeping the connector up to date for both Protein and the respective search engines. The upgrades are easy to do and can be done by your IT organization. It is simply a matter of accessing the BA Insight customer portal, downloading the latest release, and installing and configuring it. If desired, our professional services team can handle the upgrades.
- Amazon Kendra
- Amazon OpenSearch Service
- Azure Cognitive Search
- Microsoft Search
- SharePoint Online
- SharePoint On-Premise
By connecting Protein to your preferred search engine, you increase adoption of your intranet, improve your organizational efficiency and turn frustrated employees into happy and productive team members.