Microsoft Academic is a bibliographic database developed by Microsoft Research. It indexes publications and journal articles to facilitate advanced research.
Combining information from the Microsoft Academic and internal search applications provides researchers with a complete view of up to date information from all relevant sources.
The BA Insight Microsoft Academic Federated Connector enables users to:
- Simultaneously search both Microsoft Academic and their internal search using the same SmartHub interface, rather than having to search Microsoft Academic separately.
- Retrieve a single set of search results from 80+ content sources accessible using BA Insight Connectors or Federated Connectors Microsoft Academic.
- Apply filters to information from Microsoft Academic and other sources to narrow their search results.
- Go directly from the SmartHub results page to a specific result in Microsoft Academic with a single mouse click.
Future-proof Your Investment
As new versions of search platforms are released, new features and functionality are introduced, and the same is true of new releases of Microsoft Academic. BA Insight takes on the burden of
- Amazon Elasticsearch
- Azure Cognitive Search
- SharePoint Online/Microsoft Search
- SharePoint On-Premise
By connecting Microsoft Academic to your preferred search engine, you increase adoption of your intranet, improve your organizational efficiency and turn frustrated employees into happy and productive team members.