MediaPlatform PrimeTime provides the industry’s most advanced corporate YouTube, helping organizations leverage streaming media to improve corporate communications, enhance training and enable collaboration. PrimeTime is the central location where employees and partners can view, capture, search, rate, and share video through an intuitive, channel-based online video portal that can be accessed via desktop, tablet or smartphone.
BA Insight’s MediaPlatform PrimeTime indexing connector makes it possible to make the content accessible to users via an organization’s enterprise search platform, combining the connector with BA Insight’s SmartHub. The BA Insight MediaPlatform PrimeTime Connector retrieves information about channels and videos from MediaPlatform PrimeTime and index them via the Azure Search or SharePoint (Online and 2016/2013) search engine.
The following metadata is indexed per entity type:
- For channel: title, description, owner and status for personal channels (public vs. private)
- For video: title, description, creator, tags, creation and broadcast dates, thumbnail url, video playback url, duration, featured flag, comments and ratings, the channel(s) it belongs to, any available transcript or attachment.
The video file itself is not retrieved nor submitted to the search engine for indexing as search engines do not process video files to extract text from videos.
The connector indexes both channels and videos while honoring their security schemas. When clicking on PrimeTime items in SmartHub search results, the users will be redirected to PrimeTime to consume the resource there.
The MediaPlatform PrimeTime Indexing Connector:
Respects MediaPlatform PrimeTime’s security. This means that the users who have sharing/access privileges assigned to them by PrimeTime are the only ones who can see the results.
Minimizes the impact on PrimeTime, therefore it does not affect performance.
PrimeTime retains the master information and the search index has pointers to original content. Therefore, users clicking on a search result are always working on the most current documents.
The connector has the following configuration options:
- Ability to only index content from specified channels
- Configurable security mirrors the PrimeTime security
- Ability to skip any attachment on videos
- Ability to skip any transcript / caption on videos
- PrimeTime channels and videos are full-text searchable: textual content found in metadata for the channel or videos can be used to return the records as matching in search results