IBM Content Manager recognizes that companies increasingly rely on a growing volume and variety of content, arriving with greater velocity each day, to help them run their business and make critical decisions, making robust and flexible content management an even more important foundation for effective enterprise content management.
IBM Content Manager is a well-established and well-proven Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platform product that provides a highly scalable business solution for management of all types of content. IBM Content Manager offers a centrally provisioned, secure and scalable environment designed to address full content management and workflow requirements. Advanced features offered in IBM Content Manager help organizations achieve even more value, lower total ownership cost (TOC), and greater return on investment (ROI) from their enterprise content management (ECM) environment.
Some of the key benefits to users within business organizations include:
- On-demand web and mobile access to information anytime, anywhere with IBM Content Navigator included with IBM Content Manager
- Collaborative document management capabilities to allow teams to share and collaborate on documents rapidly without involving IT
- Document versioning with easy check-in check-out and get fast and relevant results with optimized and saved searches
- Search for content within IBM Content Manager or search across multiple repositories including third party repositories featuring CMIS interface
- HTML5 Viewing and annotation of hundreds of different file types without requiring any custom viewers to be installed on desktops
- Embedded workflow feature helps to simplify business processes and improve efficiency; available integration with IBM Case Manager to enable rich case solutions that delivers information to people in context of business process they are operating under
Some of the key benefits to IT staff who manage the ECM infrastructure include:
- High Availability: Built in replication of content for access to content with higher availability; option to deploy IBM Content Manager in HA/DR configuration
- Security: Centrally managed authentication of users and flexible access control to manage authorization of operations being performed by end users. Security of content in transit as well as at rest with content encryption
- Policy Based Storage: Built-in content migration capability to enable policy-based storage, example: migrate content to cheaper storage after certain time period is elapsed or migrate content when available free storage falls below certain threshold
- Choice of APIs: Utilize rich Java API or WebServices or CMIS interface to develop custom applications
- Integration: Built-in event notification framework can be used to trigger action in other enterprise application in response to variety of events occurring in IBM Content Manager such as document check-out, check-in, and document update
- Control Storage Costs: Configure document retention policies to control document life-cycle and automatically or in controlled manner purge documents past their expiry time
The IBM Content Manager Connector honors the security of source application and provides both full and incremental crawls so the users have the latest information available to them all the time.
Our IBM Content Manager Connector is standard, off the shelf software that addresses the following requirements:
Only surfaces the content that users are permitted to see, even if the security configuration is custom designed.
Minimizes the impact on the source application, ensuring no impact to its performance.
Works with structured data, unstructured data, documents, attachments and much more.
Indexes every desired item with a very high throughput. Many IBM Content Manager implementations contain large amounts of data, making high throughput critical to the success of the implementation.
The source system retains the master information and the search index has only a representation (pointers). If applicable to the database being crawled, users click on a search result and are taken to their original item or document.
Works with all types of data.