Many organizations have historically stored large volumes of data in File Shares. These File Shares often contain a wealth of information that is undiscoverable because they cannot be searched.
The BA Insight File Share Connector makes it possible to surface content from File Shares (Windows, SMB/CIFS) in a single consolidated search index, along with content from other repositories. The connector works with SharePoint Search and Azure Search.
The File Share Connector:
- Respects File Share security. This means that users will only see documents from File Shares in their search results that they have access to in the underlying File Shares.
- Supports both full and incremental crawls.
- Indexes with very high throughput.
- Keeps documents in the File Shares. The search index contains a pointer back to the original documents. This meets users’ expectations, which is to click on a search result and then work on the original item or document.
Future-proof Your Investment
As new versions of the search platforms are released, new features and functionality are introduced. BA Insight takes on the burden of keeping the connector up to date for all supported search engines. The upgrades are easy to do and can be done by your IT organization. It is simply a matter of accessing the BA Insight customer portal, downloading the latest release, and installing and configuring it. If desired, our professional services team can handle the upgrades.
- Amazon Elasticsearch
- Azure Cognitive Search
- SharePoint Online/Microsoft Search
- SharePoint On-Premise
By connecting File Shares to your preferred search engine, you increase adoption of your intranet, improving organizational efficiency and productivity.