Some of the attributes of the Alfresco Connector are:
- Support of unstructured content, structured data, large documents, and attachments.
- Very high throughput, supporting large implementations. Many Alfresco customers have millions of documents or even hundreds of millions. Just 1 million documents indexed at 1 document/second would take over 11 days for a full crawl!
- The architecture minimizes the impact on the source system to ensure there is no impact on the performance Alfresco.
- Adherence to Alfresco’s security schema, only surfacing the content that users are permitted to see.
- Alfresco retains the master information and the search index is only a representation. Users work on the original document when they click on search results.